Sunday, June 05, 2005

My First Submission

This is the first writing that I will be posting. It's short, for now. It's just to show how this site can be a welcome place to speak to others through your work. Click 'Read More' to view.


Spider

There’s a spider in my closet, crawling, climbing. It comes out, finds my foot. Crawling, climbing up my back. A bite on the back of my neck takes me away….
--by me

The Cemetery

The dark envelops me.
Moonlight drifts softly
between spaces in the trees.
I can see the sparkle of stars
through the autumn leaves.
I can feel the soreness in my legs.
I’ve been walking through this cemetery
every night for three months.
I’ve seen every stone.
And I know, someday, this will be me.
I will be cold as the earth,
closed up in a wooden box,
buried in dirt.
--by me

I'll leave with a quote:

"War is only a cowardly escape from the problems of peace. "
-- Thomas Mann (1875-1955)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home