Sunday, June 05, 2005

Here's Another Poem by Blake

Some poems hit me immediately. Some poems take awhile for me to figure out. One poem that took me awhile was Dover Beach by Matthew Arnold. It seems dry at first, but there are deeper meanings. The poem by William Blake that I am posting is one that I could immediately relate to, for I have felt what he talks about. Sometimes, another's words say it better than you can for yourself.

Click 'Read More'.

Love’s Secret

NEVER seek to tell thy love,
Love that never told can be;
For the gentle wind doth move
Silently, invisibly.

I told my love, I told my love,
I told her all my heart,
Trembling, cold, in ghastly fears,
Ah! she did depart!

Soon after she was gone from me
A traveler came by,
Silently, invisibly,
He took her with a sigh.

--William Blake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home