A Song I've Been Recently Introduced To
"Hurt"
I hurt myself today
to see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
the only thing that's real
the needle tears a hole
the old familiar sting
try to kill it all away
but I remember everything
what have I become?
my sweetest friend
everyone I know
goes away in the end
you could have it all
my empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt
I wear this crown of shit
upon my liar's chair
full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
beneath the stains of time
the feeling disappear
you are someone else
I am still right here
what have I become?
my sweetest friend
everyone I know
goes away in the end
you could have it all
my empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt
if I could start again
a million miles away
I would keep myself
I would find a way
-NIN

4 Comments:
ohhhhh trent reznor mmmm yes yes i love this song too. i love the lines
beneath the stains of time
the feeling disappear
you are someone else
I am still right here.
i went through a time where i listened to this song nonstop because i felt left behind in life and was dwelling on it rather than doing something about it. "hurt" has become such an anthem, i think everyone goes through a stage where they feel something like the song.
and i saw NIN recently oh god when reznor sang this song it felt like daggers in your heart. everyone was singing along and waving lighters haha it was a beautiful moment.
Check out the excellent cover by Johnny Cash, the last release before his death. A very powerful and emotional video by JC as well. If you know anything of Cash you know he had lived it.
how did you not here this song? sure trent wrote it, but i agree with the quahogian that johnny cash mastered it. timeless piece.
Yeah I've heard it, it made me shiver. I haven't seen the video clip though. I don't think it was as big here as it was in America, come to think of it I don't think it got much play here at all. Really unfortunate actually.
Post a Comment
<< Home