Saturday, October 08, 2005

Isaak

Have you ever noticed how most poetry and songs talk about love or its effects? Well, this submission is no different. This has always been one of my favorite songs, lyrically. I just listened to it and thought that it would be good to put on the site.

Wicked Game - Chris Isaak

The world was on fire and no one could save me but you.
Strange what desire will make foolish people do.
I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you.
And I never dreamed that I lose somebody like you.

No, I don't want to fall in love.
No, I don't want to fall in love.
With you.

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you, and

I don't want to fall in love.
No, I don't want to fall in love.
With you.

The world was on fire and no one could save me but you.
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you.
I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you

No, I don't want to fall in love.
No, I don't want to fall in love.
With you.

Nobody loves no one.

1 Comments:

At 10/08/2005 05:06:00 AM, Blogger Liquid Skin said...

yeah i can relate to those lyrics. sometimes i just get so frustrated about those strong feelings you have for someone, because as much as the love is beautiful and at times so fufilling, it can hit you to the extreme on the other side of the spectrum. it hurts like nothing else can. to love someone who does not love you... ahhh it is so shattering.

and yeah there are soo many songs about love. sometimes i just have to get away from it and listen to music that is about something else, or explores the theme of love differently or much deeper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home