Night Seasons: From a Comment
Warren said...
Its raining right now.
I thought I would share this with you, I wrote it a few years ago as I watched the snow drift through the street light.
Night Seasons
I love the night,
The way snow falls through the light.
As if it just magically appears
From just out of sight.
I love the spring rain
And the way it heals pain.
The staccato rushing sound,
As it runs down the drain.
I love the summer wind
And the way tree limbs bend.
Howling storms in the night
That seem never to end.
I love the fall,
Most glorious season of all.
Bright colored leaves
Scatter tumble and sprawl.
My loved ones are near
And I have no fear
All through the long night.
For these things I hold dear.

5 Comments:
That is gorgeous Warren. It is so very calming and gentle, it has a lovely flow to it.
It is Spring for me at the moment, so I really like the line about the way the rain heals pain because I think it's very true for this season. Spring is so refreshing, i love it.
I wish I could watch snow, seems like such a serene way to past the time, but unfortunately it doesn't snow here.
Thanks for sharing it, I hope to read some more from you Warren :)
I really consider it an honor that, ManyMany, would deem it worthy of using for a post topic!
Liquid skin, thank you for your kind words. I really just intended it to be a reply to your post on rainy weather making you feel contemplative.
Snow 'is' wonderful to watch, (as long as you can do it from a comfortable place :^) .
BTW, I enjoyed your prose in that post very much, please keep at it.
My mentor, a published writer and poet, said to write something every day, even if you have writers block. Its good advice. Communicating and writing give you a storehouse of ideas and acquaintanceship with different styles.
I haven't written poetry in quite some time but I might have something I can pull out and dust off.
thanks for the encouragement and advice warren.
i keep a notebook besides my bed and write something as i fall asleep. that is when words and images seem to come more readily to me... maybe its because that is when im most calm or something. i try and write something daily, even when it mostly sounds cringe worthy.
if you find something else you want to share, please do!
I believe that the brief period of time between wakefulness and sleep is when our conscious and unconscious mind(s) are most connected.
A great deal of our creativity goes on below the surface.
"if you find something else you want to share, please do!"
Something is in the mail. :^)
yeah i can definitely see that, how at that time the two minds are most open to each other.
i wish i could tap into it more often... but its not something you force or push for. gently develop it and let it happen i suppose.
the mind is so crazy.
Post a Comment
<< Home