Fate or Chance?
Do you ever think
(when a chance leads to something wonderful)
that if any one thing
in life had been at all different,
you may have never experienced
what you have?
I have been going over and over this thought the past few days. I've got to say, I think I've found someone wonderful. So often I've thought these thoughts, whether things were good or bad or in the middle. Just one simple little thing can cause extreme changes that you may never realize. It's good to keep your eyes open. Do you think it's fate, or chance?

1 Comments:
wow, quite the philosophical question eh. i always have this convo with people im getting to know. its a great topic.
first off, "I've got to say, I think I've found someone wonderful" i think that is beautiful and very special. even though i don't know you, i know the feeling and it is something i wish upon everyone. for me, its that kind of feeling i have about my closest friends. i know they are meant to be in my life and everyday im thankful i have them but... i am hopeful one day ill find a guy that i consider in such a way and hopefully its not too long away!
on fate or chance... im not a believer in fate by its self because i like to think we are masters of our own destiny. it is our lives. although, i do think life and the forces that be give us chances and occurances to embrace something so very right for us or that is meant to be part of our life journey. so i kind of consider it a perfect combo of both. fate and our own actions. there are too many things that have come into line for me that i think are part of 'my plan' and others i know it took my own determination and spirit.
but what i think is beautiful about life is the different paths it has layed out for us. we can dwell on the path not taken but its not much use to is it? live your choice whole heartedly or change it yourself.
this all reminds me of that x-files episode ages ago about the chain of events in life and the guy who builds those intricate models where something so small and discreet moves to activate the next movement and its this whole beautiful motion. such is life.
annnnnnnd i should probably stop there. i love this subject :)
Post a Comment
<< Home